The possibilities of standard software are endless, but what is the most suitable solution for your company? In the next blogs we will highlight a few standard software packages, what the strength of that package is. Today I start with Woocommerce
If you have a WordPress website, it is very easy to expand with Woocommerce. You install the plugin and setup the webshop. WordPress / Woocommerce can also be expanded with a large number of plug-ins that are often available for free. So you can step in low and plug / buy additional functionalities when ever you need it.
But, what is the advantage of Woocommerce?
Below we summarise some of them.
- All scenarios that you can think of and also functionalities can be added as a plugin, which can make it as easy as possible for the user. It is possible to optimize the process completely to your specific target group.
Functions for the management of the webshop:
- Many different theme / layout options, so that the shop gets its own unique character.
- The shop can run stand-alone and can later be expanded with integrations through plug-ins, please note that the plug-in has been tested with the version WordPress that is installed and whether the developer is actively updating the plug-in.
- Insight into orders and carrying out bulk actions on them
- Simple import / export function to upload categories and products via a CSV.
- Perform bulk actions on product pages
- Separate performance plug-ins can be downloaded
- Automatic updates of WordPress / Woocommerce and the plug-ins you have installed. Please note that after an update plugins can conflict with each other, so a development or test environment is recomended.
- As far as marketing is concerned, there is nothing available standard, yet you can also endlessly install plug-ins for this, eg selling via Facebook or linking with MailChimp and other e-mail marketing systems or CRMs.
- Easy to add to Google Analytics and Tagmanager with plug-ins, for a clear picture of the statistics. Google Analytics 4 also has many new functions for e-Commerce.
- The shop can run stand-alone and can later be expanded with integrations with an accounting system, CRM, ERP, POS, PIM and so on.
- Link with Omnichannels by means of plugins
Engineering / development/ optimizations:
- It is possible to have additional plug-ins built yourself for Woocommerce and to offer them in the Marketplace. Because the programming language is in PHP, there are many developers who have knowledge of it.
- Themes can be adjusted with your own code.
Conclusion Woocommerce is, just like Shopify, an accessible entry-level model and suitable for implementing a webshop quickly and easily. If you start a webshop as an entrepreneur, you can set up a shop for relatively little money. The base is especially suitable for B2C, but it also has B2B functionality because of the many plug-ins that can be used.
The advantage of many standard functionalities and the addition of plug-ins in a system makes upgrading easier, because no customization has to be upgraded and the shop therefore follows the latest techniques.
More information about the possibilities at www.woocommerce.com.